Bleeding Art Industries tagline WE CREATE COOL is no lie.
We’re an award-winning company that’s been creating cool for over seventeen years doing practical (non-computer generated) special effects, special effects make-up and custom fabrication for the film, themed entertainment, medical and military simulation industries.
Founders and creative partners Leo Wieser, Becky Scott and team have been breaking new ground ever since, continuously innovating, training and creating new content for customers worldwide. We’ve combined our skills and expertise in art, fabrication, and mechanical effects for film, TV, ad agencies, military training, museums and other themed attractions and have won awards for clients and garnered kudos worldwide (see below for some of the accolades).
Why is all of this relevant to you as you visit our online store?
Because we actively work in the field so we have an intimate knowledge about what products and equipment work and which ones don’t. We’re one of the only companies in the world that isn’t just a re-seller of someone else’s products (although we do carry a vast array from some notable manufacturers). We research, develop and manufacture our own line of products that compete with the leading products out there. We are also able to provide more knowledgeable feedback on all of the products we sell, so if you have any questions, you aren’t going to get a canned response from us. We will not sell you something that we don’t firmly stand behind, for the sake of making a buck.
- Winner of the 2015 Commerce Award, Community Achievement Awards (The Calgary Awards) for contributions to industry, the community, and bringing recognition to Calgary
- Alberta Motor Association Calgary Stampede Parade Float - designed and fabricated by Bleeding Art Industries - won second prize for Best Corporate Entry and third prize for Most Creative Entry (2015)
- Air Canada Stampede Parade Float – won the Celebrities Choice Award (2010) and the Best Corporate Float (2010).
- Leo Wieser, Juror – Saskatchewan Motion Picture Industry Association Awards (2009)
- IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions) - First Place, Best Exhibit (2008).
- AMPIA (Alberta Motion Picture Industries Association) Awards - Best Special Effects, Broken Trail (Nomadic Pictures) (2007)
- AMPIA (Alberta Motion Picture Industries Association) Awards - Best Special Effects, Ginger Snaps: Unleashed (49th Parallel/Combustion) (2004)
For a complete list of our awards and accomplishments click here.
Some of our clients and projects also include: CBC’s Heartland, Andrew Simpson's Instinct Animals for Film, Calgary Flames, Air Canada, Calgary Stampede, Critical Mass, The Calgary Military Museum, The Arrogant Worms, Terry Gilliam’s Tideland, The Revenant, Hell on Wheels, Damnation, Fargo, and Wynonna Earp.
The products you’ll find here on the store have been used on many major films and productions around the globe, as well as in the opera, theatre and cosplay worlds.
We also have a bricks and mortar store located at Bay 3, 3815 61 Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Pop by for a visit any time between 9 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday - we'd love to see you!
So that’s a bit about us. We’d love to hear more about you and to find out how we can help make your life a little bit better by using our products. You can reach us at 403-236-0025 or by emailing email@example.com.
Thanks for visiting,
From all of us at Bleeding Art Industries